The External Sport Credentials Program (ESCP) gives students the opportunity to earn graduation credits for approved levels of competition as an athlete, coach and/or official.
Students can obtain External Sport Credits in these categories:
- Athlete (grades 10, 11, 12)
- Coach (grades 11, 12)
- Official (grades 10, 11, 12)
The Ministry of Education is responsible for the External Credentials program and the Sport Credits Portion of this program is administered and monitored by the Sport Branch of the Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development.
To see which sports are involved in the program, eligibility standards and for more visit the Ministry of Education’s External Credentials Sport Program website.
- Students do not have to be in a specific grade to receive that grade’s credit. For example, a grade 10 student who is competing on a provincial team going to a national championship will receive credit for Athlete 12. Likewise, a grade 11 student who competed in the BC Games while he/she was in grade seven will receive credit for Athlete 10.
- Students who have participated in approved programs before they reach grade 10 can receive credit for their past participation by obtaining written documentation to verify their participation.
- Once a student has received credit for a particular level within the athlete, official or coach categories, he or she cannot receive additional credits for duplicate participation.
How to Earn Credits
- Check to see if your sport program is approved to receive credit in the External Sport Credentials Program.
- Obtain written documentation from Synchro BC:
- Athlete Category programs – provincial or national sport organization.
- Official Category programs – provincial sport organization.
- Coach Category programs – you will need to submit the required documentation to the Sport Branch of the Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development. The documentation will be reviewed and if all requirements are met a verification letter will be issued to the student coach. Contact: Milena Gaiga, or 250-356-5183.
- Provide the documentation to your school counselor (we recommend that you maintain a copy for your records).
|– BC Summer Games Team
||– Athlete Assistance Program
– Canadian National Qualifier
|– Espoir National Championships
– Canadian Open Championships
Contact Synchro BC
To get verification and documentation letters for your guidance counselor please contact our Executive Director by email or phone (604-333-3642).